The wait is finally over, we now know when we are getting the next installment of Rockstar’s other epic open-world game – Red Dead Redemption 2. Get the date in your diary, the 26th of October 2018 will be the day that we are graced with this pistol-wielding, horse-galloping phenomenon and it seems like SO far away. However, we may have something to get you even more excited.
Rockstar has released barely any information about the game but now Trusted Reviews are claiming they have been handed a leaked document, revealing some key details regarding missions, online gameplay, mechanics, and story. With RDR2 having been delayed already, leaving many fans frustrated, this is just the thing to tick everyone over until its release.
Here is a rundown of everything leaked, provided by Trusted Reviews:
Red Dead Redemption Online
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s online component will feature ‘Battle Royale’, ‘Revive and Survive’ and ‘Money Grab’ modes.
- Revive and Survive pits two teams against each other as they try and stay alive. You’ll have a limited amount of time to revive your teammates before they are eliminated.
- Money Grab features two teams fighting to procure bags of money in a central location. You’re expected to collect and return them to your base as quickly as possible.
- The memo also states, much like GTA Online, players will be free to explore the open-world although it will supposedly provide far more depth than Rockstar’s previous online efforts. For example, NPCs will decorate storefronts with amenities and pack things away once night comes.
- Frequent rewards will be handed out to players for completing certain tasks. These might range from traveling a certain distance to murdering an enemy using a bow from 100 metres away.
- Apartments from GTA Online will return in the form of tents which can be owned and upgraded by players. These are purchased in the open-world and also come in a variety of different themes.
- Online play will include access to a number of shops and NPCs which can provide the players with equipment and missions. Free Events can also be organised outside of standard playlists like spontaneous treasure hunts and deathmatches.
- The development notes claim a companion app is in the works to launch alongside Red Dead Redemption 2 later this year. Alongside social elements, it will also include a poker minigame of sorts.
- You will allegedly be able to partake in a variety of activities across the world of RDR2 such as gold-mining, fishing, herding and an assortment of weapon challenges.
Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay – new features?
- Throughout the open world, you’ll discover several locations including Armadillo and Ridgewood. These are populated with various NPCs including general store owners, gunsmiths and undertakers. You can also partake in gambling if you’re hoping to risk it all for financial gain.
- A Slums Market will apparently be a method of procuring equipment at a reduced price. You can expect NPCs to be navigating these places in accordance with RDR 2’s day/night cycle, too.
- Vehicles in the game will include minecarts, handcarts, and horse-drawn carriages. These come in different variants such as armored and fast ones, although we’re unsure if you can customize them yourself.
- The document hints at railway trains being available as modes of transport across the open world. In addition, they’ll be fully explorable with unique inhabitants and dialogue.
- Aside from the solo campaign, details of which we won’t spoil, side activities will also be available.
- Horsemanship challenges can be completed to increase your rider rank while dozens of different fish can be captured across the world.
- Plants and herbs can be gathered for crafting purposes, with the document listing types including Clamshell, Ghost, Night Scented, Rat Tail and Spider Orchids.
- You’ve also got fishing, which seems to be in-depth with a selection of baits and tackles available for purchase. You can even buy a can of worms.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 will allow you to play both the main campaign and multiplayer in first-person. The document states the game will have bespoke animations to fit the style.
- Dead Eye makes a return with enhanced abilities including tracking bounties through fields and detecting which fish and animals are available nearby.
- The memo mentions Random Events which appear to follow in the footsteps of Grand Theft Auto 5’s Strangers and Freaks. Details are sketchy, but it will feature bounty hunting quests, treasure hunts and adventures with a mysterious stranger
- Specific player actions during campaign missions will lead to events unfolding differently depending on which characters you interact with. This could lead to different mission outcomes, objectives and dialogue depending on how you behave morally in each playthrough.
- Just like most other Rockstar titles, a wanted level is displayed at the top of the screen and can increase or decrease depending on how the player acts.
- Assaulting pedestrians is considering a low-severity crime while holding up a saloon and murdering everyone will be taken more seriously.
- The document states that if enemies are injured in a certain way or taken off horseback you can trigger contextual dialogue and force them to offer information or monetary gain in return for sparing their life.
Excited yet? This better be worth the wait! It definitely sounds like there has been a lot of development time in making this game, with massive upgrades to online gameplay and unbelievable graphics. Rockstar look like they are going to deliver the goods again. Take my money!
The Western genre is seeing a real revival at the moment, from new games to some of the biggest TV shows in the world like Westworld. Have you seen the trailer for season two? WATCH HERE.