When you buy a wardrobe, you think that it will be able to help you stay organised, and keep your items in a neat and tidy manner. However, the reality is rarely akin to that. No matter how large or small your closet is, it can be a struggle to keep it organised. When you are in a hurry or struggling to find the perfect outfit, it is easy to leave your closet in a mess. But, with these closet organisation tips, you can keep your closet neat and tidy. Take a look:
- Declutter Your Clothes: There may be several clothes in your closet, which you do not wear anymore but have kept in your arsenal simply because of some sentimental value, or maybe because you are too lazy to throw them away. But when it is time to organise your closet, you need to ensure that any item that you do not plan on wearing again is donated, or thrown away. When you are decluttering your stylish wardrobe, ensure that you declutter all items based on the category. Not only does it make it easier for you to organise everything that you want to donate but also helps you notice all of the gaps that you have in your closet. Additionally, decluttering by category also enables you to see and compare clothing items which are similar to one another, and thus, makes it easier for you to toss things which are too similar to one another.
- Organise Your Clothes By Category: once you have completely emptied your closet and declutter your clothes, it is time to put them back in. But it is not sufficient to chuck everything inside. It is best if you organise your clothes inside your closet based on the category. By clubbing all the pants in one place, skirts and tops in another it not only makes it easier for you to see everything that you one in that category easily but will also help you out when you are looking for a particular item of clothing when you are in a hurry.
- Hang Delicate And Fancy Items: while you may have a lot of them, but there may be a dress, a shirt or a blazer which you have purchased for special occasions. These items can be expensive and storing them the right way is essential. If they are tossed inside the corner of your wardrobe, since you likely do not wear them often, they can be easily damaged and lose their perfection. Ensure that you hand these fancy items from the hanging rails inside your closet to keep them crease-free and pristine. It also helped give your closet and organised look as well as helps you see all the items that you have for fancy occasions all in one place.
- Stack The Heavy Stuff: Denim and winter wear has a lot of weight to them, and you may not wear them quite as often. While jeans are something that you might wear every day, most people have a favourite air that they wear more often than others. Hence, ensure that you keep your winter wear and denim stacked on top of another.
- Keep The Clothes You Wear More Frequently At Eye-Level: if you are a professional then the clothes that you wear on most days are your formals, or if you are a student, then casual wear is something that you need every day. Depending on the clothing that you wear more often, you need to organise your closet efficiently. Keep the items that you wear most days at eye-level so that you can spot them quickly and do not have to go hunting for them. Keeping all the things that you wear on a daily basis on a single shelf ensures that you do not touch the other shelves when it is not necessary and helps you keep them more organised.
- Closet Organisers: Your wardrobe does not only contain your clothes but your accessories and other trinkets as well. Keeping these items organised can be a hassle as they are usually smaller in size. Purchasing closet organisers may be a worthwhile investment in this case. With closet organisers, you can sort your accessories based on categories, and keep them neatly tucked away in organisers which not only prevent them from getting lost among your piles of clothes but also allows you to be able to spot them easily.
A wardrobe is an essential part of your room. However, it is not able to fully serve its purpose it if it is not organised well. To keep your closet organised you not only need to buy a closet that is perfect for your room, but ensures that you store all your clothing items with care.